Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday afternoon

After getting back to Manitou Springs from the cogwheel trip to Pike’s Peak, we decided to move on to the Garden of the Gods. This is a spectacular place because it’s free. Also, because the massive red stone monoliths are neat too. Remember, this is another “don’t touch the large red stone monoliths” park. Which explains why we saw at least 20 people climbing them with their dogs and kids. We were happy just walking around them avoiding damaging the fragile stone unlike the illiterate of America.

4 comments:

A said...

Tracy Dodson's church tomorrow morning, I'd bet? It's an experience!
A

TWaits said...

nope, we're in Canon City now

Anonymous said...

Excellent, vivid photograph! I remember this place well from years back. Large stone monoliths are a favorite type of scenery for me.

I actually happen to have a photo magnet of Garden of the Gods at my desk, but it happened to already there when I moved in; someone apparently left it behind years ago.

----D.W.

S.B.G. said...

we missed Balancing Rock so no repeat pics with the next generation but we don't lack for pics of the many others here!

It's different revisiting places as an adult than when I was a child/teen, that's for sure. So it was great to see it again!